Living sustainably in rental accommodation
Being a renter means particular challenges when making your home sustainable. This workshop is a room by room tour through the average rental property looking at simple time and cost effective ideas that will help make your property more energy efficient, sustainable and save you money.
- Draught proofing
- Ways to reduce your energy consumption and utility bills
- Small space gardening and composting
- Your rights and responsibilities as a renter
- Dealing with landlords and property managers
- Solo living, sharehouse and other rental challenges
- Building community amongst renters
We also look at general changes, ideas and advice for greening your lifestyle.